- Current vacant positions are posted on this web-site, at CRHA property management and resident services offices, and/or advertised in the Sunday edition of the Virginian Pilot and weekly edition of the New Journal and Guide
- Positions are posted a minimum of five work days; individual postings will reflect close date (CRHA reserves the right to close recruitment for posted positions without notice)
- Applications must be received by close of business on the close date to be considered
- CRHA applications may be picked up at the central office, Resident Services office, or by clicking here to download
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail
- CRHA will accept applications for posted positions only
- Applications will remain active for one year; it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify HR if they would like their application considered for a new posting; CRHA reserves the right to search the active files for qualified individuals for new postings and contact them to see if they have an interest in the newly posted position; CRHA also reserves the right to interview from the active file of a specific position should that position become vacant within three months of being filled
- Interviewed applicants will be notified when the position they have applied for has been filled.
Section 3 Information
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Nancy L. Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director
1468 S. Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority (CRHA) provides quality affordable housing in the City of Chesapeake, and is located within the metropolitan area that also includes Virginia Beach and Norfolk. CRHA is seeking a highly qualified candidate to lead and manage the agency’s budget of $19 million and a staff of 49. The agency’s portfolio includes 1450 housing choice vouchers, 467 public housing units and 228 other affordable housing units.
Compensation for the position is negotiable, depending on the qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate. It is required that the selected Executive Director will establish residency in Chesapeake. Please submit a one-page cover letter, a two-page resume that includes salary history and a listing of three professional references. Please submit an email version of the application document to both Stan Quy, President / Principal of the Organizational Leadership Edge at Squy@cox.net and Nancy Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director of CRHA at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submittal of applications is April 25, 2018.
Housing and Community Development Specialist
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to manage functions related to all local, state and federal, and private grant programs of the Community Development department, including planning, implementation, operation, compliance and reporting. This is a grant funded position. Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college/university in related field with general knowledge of federal and state regulations, 3-4 yrs. experience in real estate or related and work with a Public Housing Authority or municipality helpful. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $35,875 to start/good benefits. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, 523-0401, hearing impaired use VA relay 7*1*1, Fax (757) 523-1601 or e-mail email@example.com. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents
Part Time information Systems Assistant
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to assist with the maintenance, implementation and operation of the Authority’s network system, digital data comm system, computer based finance and housing progam system and software. Requires 2 yrs experience in pc & oper computer systems, ComptiaA+ cert and HS/GED with 2 years college level coursework. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $16.02 per hour/29 hours per week. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, hearing impaired VA Relay 711, Fax (757) 523-1601. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents