Being a landlord participant in the Housing Choice Voucher Program provides the satisfaction of making it possible for low-income families to enjoy quality, affordable housing. Landlords benefit as well by enjoying the following aspects of the program:
- Stable and prompt payments mailed on the last business day of the month
- Annual inspections of the unit(s) at no additional cost
- Fair market rental rates
- Renter responsibilities defined in the lease addendum
Housing Choice Voucher Program tenants typically pay 30% - 40% of their adjusted income for rent, while a rent subsidy (paid by the CMHA Housing Choice Voucher Program) covers the difference between the approved contract rent and the tenant's rent payment.
Prospective new landlords may download a information packet by clicking here.
- List your property on the CRHA available unit listing by calling 523-0401
- Screen applicants: contact previous landlords
- Drive by your property at least once a month
- Report lease violations to the HCV case manager for your tenant
For current landlords, the following forms may be downloaded: Request for Contract Rent Increase Request for Tenancy Approval Housing Assistance Payments Contract HUD inspection form with directions Change of address.
Any questions regarding scheduled Annual/Initial Inspections, Failed Inspections or to request a Special Inspection please contact: (757) 523-0401