- Current vacant positions are posted on this web-site, at CRHA property management and resident services offices, and/or advertised in the Sunday edition of the Virginian Pilot and weekly edition of the New Journal and Guide
- Positions are posted a minimum of five work days; individual postings will reflect close date (CRHA reserves the right to close recruitment for posted positions without notice)
- Applications must be received by close of business on the close date to be considered
- CRHA applications may be picked up at the central office, Resident Services office, or by clicking here to download
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail
- CRHA will accept applications for posted positions only
- Applications will remain active for one year; it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify HR if they would like their application considered for a new posting; CRHA reserves the right to search the active files for qualified individuals for new postings and contact them to see if they have an interest in the newly posted position; CRHA also reserves the right to interview from the active file of a specific position should that position become vacant within three months of being filled
- Interviewed applicants will be notified when the position they have applied for has been filled.
Section 3 Information
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Nancy L. Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director
1468 S. Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Housing Choice Voucher HQS Inspector
SALARY RANGE: $36,400- 55,386.90
CLOSING: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of the Director of HCV Programs, performs housing quality inspections on HCV, Public and Conventional housing units. Work involves moderately complex administrative duties and requires the use of independent judgement and initiative.
PT Housing Program Assistant
SALARY RANGE: $16.66 per hour
CLOSING: Open until filled
Under the supervision of the Director of HCV Programs, performs routine clerical work, including typing, filing, processing paperwork, etc. and responsible paraprofessional and technical work in all areas of housing policies and eligibility. Performs extensive data entry, types correspondence, memoranda, reports, and similar items with some variety and complexity, using some judgement and knowledge to determine composition and format. Does related work as required, following established procedures.
SALARY RANGE: $42,640 – 64,881.80
CLOSING: open until filled
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for the performance of the most complex maintenance functions in the maintenance, renovation and repair of buildings, and equipment owned and operated by the Authority, both residential and commercial.
Maintenance Mechanic I
SALARY RANGE: $36,400-55,386.90
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
An employee in this classification performs skilled and some intermediate work in a variety of trades in the maintenance, renovation and repair of buildings, equipment, and grounds under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.