- Current vacant positions are posted on this web-site, at CRHA property management and resident services offices, and/or advertised in the Sunday edition of the Virginian Pilot and weekly edition of the New Journal and Guide
- Positions are posted a minimum of five work days; individual postings will reflect close date (CRHA reserves the right to close recruitment for posted positions without notice)
- Applications must be received by close of business on the close date to be considered
- CRHA applications may be picked up at the central office, Resident Services office, or by clicking here to download
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail
- CRHA will accept applications for posted positions only
- Applications will remain active for one year; it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify HR if they would like their application considered for a new posting; CRHA reserves the right to search the active files for qualified individuals for new postings and contact them to see if they have an interest in the newly posted position; CRHA also reserves the right to interview from the active file of a specific position should that position become vacant within three months of being filled
- Interviewed applicants will be notified when the position they have applied for has been filled.
Section 3 Information
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Nancy L. Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director
1468 S. Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Family Self Sufficiency Coordinator
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform responsible administrative work managing, coordinating, developing, and implementing the Authority’s resident initiatives programs as well as other programs designed to provide resident self-sufficiency through education, job training, child care, and job placement opportunities. This is a grant-funded position. Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or university with major course work in Business, Public Administration, Human Services, or related field and 4-5 yrs exp working in a housing program environment. Experience working with the public and community and government agencies is preferred. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $41,872/good benefits. Application available at www.crhava.org. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or to email@example.com, Hearing impaired use VA Relay 711, Fax (757) 523-1601. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform professional and technical housing inspection work for the Housing Choice Voucher (section 8) program following established procedures and guidelines. Requires 1-2 years inspection experience, rental housing quality standards certification form Nan McKay, NAHRO or other accredited organization, and HS/GED with 2 years college level coursework. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $33,312.50 starting range/great benefits. Application available at www.crhava.org. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, hearing impaired use VA Relay 711, Fax (757) 523-1601. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform responsible work in the management of public and affordable housing communities. Responsible for the overall operation and performance of assigned property, ensuring that it meets the established standard of safe, sound, quality housing. Some weekend work may be required. Requires graduation from a 2-yr. college or better with major coursework in business, real estate, or related, 4-5 years progressively responsible experience in housing/property management, and excellent customer service skills. HUD, public housing, RAD, and/or LIHTC experience preferred. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $41,000 to start/excellent benefits. Application is available at www.crhava.org. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, (757) 523-0401, hearing impaired VA Relay 7*1*1, Fax (757) 523-1601, or e-mail email@example.com. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents. Position open until filled.